HABITAT ENERGY UK
Habitat Energy UK is headquartered in Oxford, England. We have worked closely with developers, investors, EPCs, banks and others across the full breadth of the battery storage value chain since the earliest days of the industry and now operate one of the largest battery storage portfolios in the country.
Our expert team span energy, trading, data science, software engineering and operational support.
THE BATTERY STORAGE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE UK
The UK was one of the first global markets to open up to grid scale battery storage in 2016. Since then the market has grown rapidly with over 1 GW of batteries now operational and a substantial project pipeline.
Habitat Energy has played a key role in opening up the UK opportunity for merchant trading, that is, buying and selling power in the day ahead, intraday and balancing markets, alongside ancillary service revenues.
We have also been at the cutting edge of innovation in other areas, being among the first to be registered as a Virtual Lead Party for battery storage trading, accessing the Reserve from Storage and ODFM ancillary service markets amongst other achievements.
OUR BATTERY STORAGE OPTIMISATION PLATFORM POWERIQ
Habitat Energy UK offer a full service asset optimisation including:
- In house electricity price forecasting of day ahead, intraday, balancing (and imbalance) markets based on proprietary machine-learning algorithms
- Dispatch optimisation that takes the battery warranty and cell degradation and other operational constraints into account, and manages the uncertainty inherent in the market with a stochastically optimised approach that delivers maximum revenues year on year.
- Full trading desk operations provided by Habitat Energy as part of our standard optimisation services agreement. The asset owner does not need their own trading desk or third party services – all of this can be provided by Habitat Energy.
- 24/7 trading team oversight, helping to manage complex market conditions that may not be visible to the algorithms such as unplanned outages or exceptional events.
- Physical dispatch instructions communicated to the battery storage asset, with temperature and other performance data fed back to PowerIQ to allow degradation to be minimised and uptime maintained.
- Successful integration with a wide range of battery storage OEMs and system integrators.