Habitat Energy is hiring - short-term power trader/asset optimiser and office manager needed
Habitat Energy is always looking for talented people to join our fast growing team based in Oxford. We welcome enquiries from experienced candidates at any time, but are currently actively looking for the following roles. No agencies please.
Office and Accounts manager
Habitat Energy is looking for an Office and Accounts Manager to join an exciting new startup in the renewable energy space. This is a great opportunity for a broad and important role, reporting to the CEO, that will grow as our company grows and be instrumental to help ensure the smooth operations of our company and a strong culture of our team. The role could be offered on a part time basis if preferred.
The right person for the position will have experience in similar roles. They will bring a positive attitude and out-going, people-centric personality. They will feel comfortable in a flexible, fast-paced working environment and be a self-starter, able to identify needs and find creative ways to address them. And they will be highly organized and detail oriented and have an interest in working with numbers.
Day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Executive support. Work with the executive team and our clients and partners to offer logistical support and some diary management
- Team support. Coordinate practical needs of the team as well as support team development and well-being and a strong, healthy company culture. Examples include:
- Administer monthly payroll and benefits
- Maintain personnel records
- Maintain “pulse checks” of the team
- Plan company-wide events and social activities
- Office management. Support the smooth operation of our office. Examples include
- Develop company handbook, including policies and procedures with respect to HR, finance, purchasing and health and safety
- Liaise with our landlord on lease requirements and office maintenance
- Ensure supplies are available for the team as needed
- Financial support. Support the executive team to track and manage costs and pay expenses. Examples include:
- Receipt management and expense tracking
- Customer billing, receivables tracking and bill payments
- Liaising with our accountancy for regular reconciliations
- Grant accounts tracking and reporting
- Growth support. Supporting our broader team and client growth efforts. Examples include:
- Support recruitment and on-boarding of new team members
- Support web-site updates with news postings, new team members, etc.
- Ad hoc support of communication and PR efforts
If interested and for more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-term power trader/asset optimiser
You will have experience in optimising assets in the UK traded power markets and the Balancing Mechanism while also bringing an innovative, adventurous and positive spirit. Experience in trading the continental power markets is a plus.
You will be self-led and comfortable with taking responsibility and working with the team in a fast-paced environment. The primary duty will be optimising the value of the battery storage assets under our management whilst adhering to asset constraints, risk appetite and regulatory obligations.
- Degree with significant numerical components, for example, economics, engineering, etc.
- 3 years + experience
- Experience of executing prompt trades on power exchanges and preferably experience with Balancing Mechanism PN, and bid & offer submissions and/or experience with dispatching non-BM units
- Ideally have experience with ETRM software, management of trading models and optimisation algorithms
- Good understanding of fundamental drivers of power market price formation and volatility
- Strong commercial acumen and decision-making ability
Contact email@example.com for more information.