SCOPE OF JOB
Habitat Energy is a fast growing technology company focussed on the trading and algorithmic optimisation of energy storage and renewable assets around the world. Our mission is to deliver outstanding returns to our clients to increase the attractiveness of renewable energy globally and support the transition to a clean energy future. Our team of around 35 people in Oxford, UK and Melbourne, Australia brings together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and renewable energy management.
We are delighted to now be opening our third office in Austin, Texas. Our US expansion is in conjunction with Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners, owner of a substantial renewable and storage project portfolio in Texas and elsewhere.
We have a vacancy for a US Managing Director to be one of the founding members of our US team, with overall responsibility for leading the business there and supporting the continued growth and success of Habitat Energy.
- Define, build and execute US operating model and strategy
- Build, manage and develop the Habitat US team, ensuring team accountabilities are assigned to the right people
- Oversee the build and delivery of market-leading optimisation services in the US
- Oversee the day to day operational functions, administration, governance, reporting and compliance of the US Habitat Entity
- Performance management of US team
- Deliver target performance on US assets
- Ownership and continuous development of Habitat’s US algorithm performance from a commercial perspective to maximise performance and enhance further business development opportunities
- Ensure efficient and effective asset operations including escalation and resolution of major operational issues
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with partners, clients and third-party service providers
- Ensure compliance with all relevant industry codes and regulations
- Oversee the delivery of US advisory work
- Lead competitor intelligence
- Grow the US business
- Build and develop our US client pipeline for optimisation services and for advisory projects using your existing industry networks and building new networks
- Actively contribute to enhancing Habitat’s external reputation and impact in the market and with key stakeholders e.g. industry events, participation in webinars, etc.
- Develop and lead US brand and marketing activities
- Contribute to the development of Habitat’s wider business
- As part of the senior leadership team, contribute to Habitat’s strategy development to maximise opportunities across the organisation and drive our mission to be a positive force in the energy transition
- Be an advocate and role model for fostering a strong, positive culture based on Habitat’s values
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit with our company culture, who will take responsibility, build trust and bring innovation and flair to what we do. We encourage you to apply even if you may not meet every requirement in this posting. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- Strong energy trading and commercial experience leading a US power trading/optimisation team
- Deep knowledge of ERCOT power and ancillary service markets and/or other US ISOs, including market rules and regulations, routes to market
- Experience across the business development pipeline including deal structuring, negotiation, contracting and execution
- Proven track record of building and developing a high performing team capable of delivering to tight deadlines
- Strong reputation and professional network across the power industry
- College degree in economics, mathematics, engineering, or other technical field
- In addition, any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience or technical knowledge of grid scale battery storage
- Understanding of or experience in developing and fund raising for renewable energy projects, M&A
- Experience of startups or fast growing technology companies/business units
- A masters or other advanced degree
Interested? Get in touch! No agencies please.