SCOPE OF JOB
Habitat Energy is looking for a Reporting and Settlements Analyst to join the renewable energy and battery storage optimisation sector at a pivotal and exciting time, working alongside an experienced founding team.
The right person for the position will have a strong interest in financial and commercial activities, whilst also bringing an innovative, adventurous and positive spirit. We’re looking for someone who is self-led and comfortable with ambiguity while also comfortable working with the team in a fast-paced environment.
We want you to enjoy embracing broad challenges and have a strong interest in learning and deploying new technologies.
- Prepare daily and monthly P&L reports for the finance and commercial team and external clients
- Responsible for the confirmation, reconciliation, and settlement (including invoicing) of all trading activity and industry costs
- In addition to daily and monthly P&L reporting, you will be responsible for monthly invoicing, accounts payable/receivable, journal inputs, reporting and month-end processes (accruals and balance reconciliation)
- Developing and maintaining Key Performance Indicators for use by the Commercial team
- Support and develop operational trading process including documentation, liaison with Elexon, exchanges and suppliers/counterparties
- Ensure all settlement trade data reconciles with bank statements
- Support ad hoc commercial analysis and contribute to projects, including reviewing contracts/service agreements for settlement purposes
- Perform other energy accounting reconciliation and reporting as assigned
- Reporting of risk measurements and utilisation of limits
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant wholesale market related regulations
‘Must have’ skills and experience
- A passion for sustainable energy
- Strong numerical and problem-solving skills including the ability to assess errors and variances to reconcile data
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable industry experience, including familiarity with the UK wholesale electricity marketplace and knowledge of Elexon/ EPEX settlements
- Invoicing knowledge, and familiarity with our accounting software (Xero)
- Majority of tasks completed in Python so must be experienced or keen to learn
- Proven interest in the subject area outside of work/education
- Entrepreneurial attitude and outlook
- Relevant degree level qualification or A-levels alongside related work experience
‘Nice to have’ skills and experience
- Energy markets and battery systems modelling
- Trade booking and settlements experience
- Programming, in particular, Python and an interest in automating reporting
- Financial modelling, such as IRR, NPV and cash flow forecasting
ABOUT HABITAT ENERGY
Habitat Energy is a rapidly growing Oxford-based early stage company providing optimisation and trading services for grid-scale battery storage. We’re a close-knit team, with a fun working environment and we’re passionate about our goal to accelerate the transition to a sustainable energy world.