SCOPE OF JOB
At Habitat Energy we bring together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and an in-depth understanding of flexible energy assets. Our aim is to maximise the value of large-scale flexible energy assets, (e.g. battery storage), so they are attractive investments, are deployed at scale and enable the energy transition.
We are looking for smart, motivated people to join our team who share our belief that we can outperform the energy sector dinosaurs, have a positive impact on the planet and have fun doing it together.
We have a vacancy for a Power Trader to join our team.
You will be responsible for the real-time optimisation of multi-million pound flexible energy assets, trading in energy markets and responding to instructions from National Grid’s control centre.
You will also be involved in:
- undertaking commercial analysis to ensure we enter the right contracts, at the right price, at the right time
- identifying improvements to our advanced, machine-learning algorithms and optimisation tools and processes
- delighting our clients and looking for opportunities to grow our global client-base, services and products
The role will require flexibility to work to cover a 24/7 rota including some weekends, nights and Bank Holidays from our centrally located Oxford office.
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our company. We want people who take accountability, build trust and are innovative. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- 1-2 years experience in GB power trading, in either intraday or prompt markets.
- strong numerical and problem-solving skills
- the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues
Extra credit if you can demonstrate:
- Practical understanding of the Balancing Mechanism and Frequency Response markets
- An understanding of storage economics
- coding and/or model building experience
In return, we’ll give you a competitive salary, a brilliant, supportive team and a whole load of personal development opportunities.
Applicants need to be able to evidence the right to work in the UK.