SCOPE OF JOB
At Habitat Energy we bring together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and an in-depth understanding of flexible energy assets. Our aim is to maximise the value of large-scale flexible energy assets (e.g. battery storage) so they are attractive investments, are deployed at scale and enable the energy transition. We are looking for smart, motivated people to join our team who share our belief that we can outperform the energy sector dinosaurs, have a positive impact on the planet and have fun doing it together.
We have a vacancy for a Network Assurance Lead to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Onboarding: commission new assets to our network, continuously improve our asset communication layers and develop network documentation.
- Monitoring: ensure our network of assets is always up and running, build and maintain monitoring dashboards and alerts and resolve any fault on our network.
- Support: report and resolve any communication breakdown on our asset network and be on-call to ensure 24/7 operations.
- Quality: ensure our assets network communication layer is stable and scalable, continuously improve our Time to Resolution and our onboarding process.
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our company. We want people who take accountability, build trust and are innovative. We encourage you to apply even if you may not meet every requirement in this posting. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- You have experience integrating multiple software-controlled systems
- Python – 3+ years of experience with (atleast) the following packages: pandas, sqlalchemy
- Strong cloud solutions skills (ideally AWS)
- Software architecture skill [needs rephrasing]
- You have experience of monitoring and building dashboards in a 24/7 operational environment
Extra credit if you can demonstrate:
- Hardware / IoT