SCOPE OF JOB
At Habitat Energy we bring together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and an in-depth understanding of flexible energy assets. Our aim is to maximise the value of large-scale flexible energy assets, (e.g. battery storage), so they are attractive investments, are deployed at scale and enable the energy transition.
We are looking for smart, motivated people to join our team who share our belief that we can outperform the energy sector dinosaurs, have a positive impact on the planet and have fun doing it together.
We have a vacancy for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to be one of the founding members of our new team in Austin, Texas.
You will be responsible for:
- Building out the backend of our core services offering, including the architecture and implementation of our cloud based infrastructure, data model and applications
- Modelling complex business logic, designing robust and efficient databases, handling real-time data, data versioning and auditing
- Developing our internal and external UIs and APIs
- Apply best coding practices and follow industry standards in all parts of the implementation
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our company. We want people who take accountability, build trust and are innovative. We encourage you to apply even if you may not meet every requirement in this posting. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- You have been working with an object oriented language (ideally Python) in an operational context for at least 4 years and have similar experience with frontend frameworks like VueJS or React.
- You have experience with defining containers using docker and Terraform, and deploying to cloud environments (ideally AWS)
- You have experience with modeling databases with Python (ideally SQLAlchemy ORM)
- You desire to be part of a fast-paced operational team (e.g. on-call troubleshooting)
- You have the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues
- You have a degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
Extra credit if you can demonstrate:
- You have experience with development, test and production environments
- You have knowledge and experience of using CI and CD.
- You have experience with real-time (streaming) data management, transformation and orchestration tools and approaches
- You have experience creating APIs (REST / GraphQL) and understanding of security best practices.
In return, we’ll give you a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and a lot of personal development opportunities.
Interested? Get in touch! No agencies please.