SCOPE OF JOB
At Habitat Energy we bring together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and an in-depth understanding of flexible energy assets. Our aim is to maximise the value of large-scale flexible energy assets, (e.g. battery storage), so they are attractive investments, are deployed at scale and enable the energy transition.
We are looking for smart, motivated people to join our team who share our belief that we can outperform the energy sector dinosaurs, have a positive impact on the planet and have fun doing it together.
We have a vacancy for a Power Analyst to be one of the founding members of our new team in Austin, Texas.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and delivery of our core US services offering
- Providing advisory services to clients, working on revenue simulations and other analytical work
- Supporting business development activities in US, working with the US Director to ensure that we are making the right offers to the right clients through all the relevant channels, and managing the mechanics behind that process
- Supporting the US Director in managing client relationships
- Supporting the UK Data Science team with US information, data gathering and platform development
- Supporting US commercial operations with ad hoc analytical work and tool development
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our company. We want people who take accountability, build trust and are innovative. We encourage you to apply even if you may not meet every requirement in this posting. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- Strong degree with a major quantitative component, e.g. computer science, engineering, economics, mathematics
- Energy market experience – energy trading, commodity markets, consulting or energy market modelling is desirable
- Proven ability to understand complex problems and design innovative solutions
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases for big data (e.g. SQL)
- Autonomous with the ability to take initiative, influence and drive results
- A desire for continual learning and development
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Extra credit if you can demonstrate:
- Competence with R/Python for data manipulation and big data (e.g. Pandas)
- Experience with risk management, risk modelling or post-trade analytics
In return, we’ll give you a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and a lot of personal development opportunities.
Interested? Get in touch! No agencies please.