SCOPE OF JOB
At Habitat Energy we bring together exceptionally talented and passionate people in the domains of energy trading, data science, software engineering and an in-depth understanding of flexible energy assets. Our aim is to maximise the value of large-scale flexible energy assets (eg, battery storage) so they are attractive investments, are deployed at scale and enable the energy transition. We are looking for smart, motivated people to join our team who share our belief that we can outperform the energy sector dinosaurs, have a positive impact on the planet and have fun doing it together.
We have a vacancy for a Data Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain real-time data streaming from numerous sources in the UK, Australia and USA
- Support development and maintenance of our data architecture
- Build internal tools for simple interaction with our data
- Communicate and document solutions and design decisions
We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our company. We want people who take accountability, build trust and are innovative. We encourage you to apply even if you may not meet every requirement in this posting. We value diversity and our environment is supportive, challenging and focused on the consistent delivery of high quality, meaningful work.
- Python – 3+ years of experience with (atleast) the following packages: pandas, sqlalchemy
- Strong AWS skills in an 24/7 operational environment in the context of data availability
- Expert in SQL(postgres) and experience in designing efficient data models
- Experience working with time series data
- You have experience with development, test and production environments, and knowledge and experience of using CI and CD